About Span Arts
On this page:
- About us
- The Board of Trustees
- Support Span Arts
- Become a Member
- Ticket Information
- Access Information
- Room Hire
- Job Opportunities
Span Arts is a community arts charity, based in Narberth, with a 30 year history of making a significant contribution to the arts in Pembrokeshire. We deliver a high quality and diverse range of music, theatre, comedy and voice events, alongside a wide range of arts and wellbeing projects to an area where people otherwise do not have access to the arts.
Span Arts is driven by the core belief that the arts have the power to improve people’s quality of life, health and wellbeing and we aim to reduce social exclusion and address issues of rural isolation through meaningful engagement and participation in community based arts activities.
Span Arts run an established volunteering scheme which provides opportunities for a wide range of people to gain skills, experience and take part in the community. This can be a vital lifeline for many isolated and/or vulnerable individuals living in rural communities.
Span Arts is committed to ensuring that all of our activities are inclusive, relevant and accessible to all and work closely with an increasingly diverse set of partners to inspire people in Pembrokeshire to awaken their inner creativity.
Recent highlights include:
- The Cheerful Project, a 3 year Big Lottery Funded community engagement programme bringing workshops and creative social activities to rural communities in Pembrokeshire.
- Narberth A Cappella Voice Festival – An annual uplifting celebration of song and the only festival of its kind in Wales, with diverse performances from acts such as Helen Chadwick, Sons of Pitches, South African Zulu Male Choir etc.
- Oed y Byd – An instrumental project bringing high quality arts to isolated older people by taking art into their homes, targeting the hardest of the hard to reach.
- A platform for music, theatre and comedy bringing some of the best and most interesting talent and stories to the people of Pembrokeshire.
“Span’s commitment to providing creative and sustaining experiences for different people in the community is an essential resource. A restorative and enriching service, the region needs this work to continue and develop.” Simon Whitehead
“I have worked in education in Swansea for all of my working life where accessibility and inclusion are buzz-words which are very rarely implemented. One of the reasons is because creating a safe space is difficult. I’ve never done anything like this before in my life, I came along, I was welcomed, there was no criticism and it was a great example of how teaching could be. I will write a letter to anybody reiterating this.” Lin Hill, Volunteer at Asylum Seekers Project.
The Board of Trustees
Span Arts is a Company Limited by Guarantee and a not-for-profit Registered Charity. The work of Span Arts is overseen by the Trustees, who are:
Catherine Davies (Chair)
Nikki Warrington (Treasurer)
We are currently looking for more people to join our board, especially people with skills and experience in the arts, business, marketing or events. If you would like to join the team and feel you could contribute to the running of Span Arts by becoming a trustee, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your support makes an enormous difference to our work.
Span Arts is a charity and we work hard to deliver the best in live arts to Pembrokeshire. We believe in making the arts accessible to everybody and in using the arts to improve people’s quality of life and their opportunities, regardless of their background or circumstance.
There are many ways you can support Span Arts and help us to continue to develop and deliver our important work. In addition to buying tickets to our shows (and encouraging your friends to join you!) you can also become a member, a volunteer, or a benefactor by making a donation.
Who knows, you might want to become all three!
Without your support, we simply wouldn’t be able to develop our programme of events in Pembrokeshire, or provide as many opportunities for young people, and support local and emerging artists.
Become a member of Span Arts and support bringing the best in live arts to Pembrokeshire.
From just over £1.50 a month you will receive the following benefits:
- NEW! Complimentary season brochure sent directly to your door
- NEW! Reserve tickets up to 1 week in advance
- Be the first to receive special offers and deals
- Personal Membership Card for easy access to events
- Discounts on tickets for most events held by Span Arts (usually £2 discount)
- Vote at our AGM and take part in our programming meetings.
- Feel good factor for making an important contribution to the arts in Pembrokeshire!
Annual Membership Prices:
Adult: £20 per year (equates to £1.66 a month)
Concession: £17.50 per year (equates to £1.46 a month)*
Family: £40 per year– 2 adults and their children (equates to £3.33 a month)
Concession Family: £35 per year – 2 adults concession and their children (equates to £2.92 a month)
*Concessions – people in receipt of state pension, state benefits and students.
Span Arts Gift Voucherscan be used to buy tickets for any event – (No expiry date, £5, £10, £20 denominations, redeemable in person or by phone)
Make a donation today
Span Arts has always relied upon the generosity of supporters to help us deliver our artistic programme and outreach projects. As the funding landscape for the arts changes, it is becoming more essential than ever for organisations like ours to raise money in this way to guarantee a bold and exciting future.
Every penny received goes straight into enabling us to deliver the following important work:
- Workshops for children and young people at risk of becoming NEET (Not in Education, Employment or Training)
- Volunteer programme – offering a range of volunteer and training opportunities to enabling people to increase their skills and abilities and get back into the workplace
- Providing the best in live arts to Pembrokeshire, in particular targeting the rurally and socially isolated
- Making the arts affordable by offering discounts and concessions, and by keeping our prices down to engage a wide range of people in the arts.
Advance ticket sales are available until 2pm before an evening event and 12:30pm before a matinee performance.
- Claimants for state pension, incapacity benefit or Job Seekers Allowance
- Full time students
- 16 and under
- Disabled people are entitled to bring their carer free of charge
- Children of 14 and under are eligible for child’s price
- Infants aged 2 and under are entitled to free entry
- Family tickets include any 4 people
- Buy 10 tickets for same event and get 1 free
Span Arts is a non-venue based community arts organisation, delivering a programme of arts and events across Pembrokeshire from our office premises in Narberth. We use a wide variety of venues including village halls, community centres and outdoor settings along with our main venue The Queens Hall in Narberth. We are committed to ensuring that all our venues are fully accessible however, some events are set in small rural venues and outdoor settings where accessibility is sometimes limited.
Span Arts is a proud member of Hynt, a new national access scheme that works with theatres and arts centre in Wales to make sure there is a consistent offer available for visitors with an impairment or specific access requirements and their carers or personal assistants. We offer a free ticket to carers and personal assistants to accompany a Hynt scheme member to any of our events.
For more details visit http://www.hynt.co.uk/en/
As well as being our volunteering and administrative centre, the Span Arts Gallery space is available for hire and suitable for running small events, workshops, talks and meetings.
• Gallery Hire:
- £30 up to 3 hours
- £60 up to 8 hours
- £20 up to 3 hours
- £40 up to 8 hours
- Capacity : 30
- Free access to wifi
- Plus additional £5 for hire of projector, £2.50 for disposal of rubbish, £5 for room set up
• Hire of office/studio/workshop space:
- £200 p/month
- Dimensions – 6 x 4m
- Space suitable for 3-4 workers
- Premises insurance covered but tenant responsible for insurance of their own contents and activities
• Hot Desk in main office
- Available at £10 per day
- Access to Span Arts facilities
- Bring your own computer
• All room hire includes access to:
- Heat and light
- Parking (but spaces limited)
For more information and bookings please contact the office on 01834 869 323