About Span Arts events
On this page:
Span Arts is a community arts charity, based in Narberth, with a 30 year history of making a significant contribution to the arts in Pembrokeshire. We deliver a high quality and diverse range of music, theatre, comedy and voice events, alongside a wide range of arts and wellbeing projects to an area where people otherwise do not have access to the arts.
Span Arts is driven by the core belief that the arts have the power to improve people’s quality of life, health and wellbeing and we aim to reduce social exclusion and address issues of rural isolation through meaningful engagement and participation in community based arts activities.
Span Arts run an established volunteering scheme which provides opportunities for a wide range of people to gain skills, experience and take part in the community. This can be a vital lifeline for many isolated and/or vulnerable individuals living in rural communities.
Span Arts is committed to ensuring that all of our activities are inclusive, relevant and accessible to all and work closely with an increasingly diverse set of partners to inspire people in Pembrokeshire to awaken their inner creativity.
Recent highlights include:
- The Cheerful Project, a 3 year Big Lottery Funded community engagement programme bringing workshops and creative social activities to rural communities in Pembrokeshire.
- Narberth A Cappella Voice Festival – An annual uplifting celebration of song and the only festival of its kind in Wales, with diverse performances from acts such as Helen Chadwick, Sons of Pitches, South African Zulu Male Choir etc.
- Oed y Byd – An instrumental project bringing high quality arts to isolated older people by taking art into their homes, targeting the hardest of the hard to reach.
- A platform for music, theatre and comedy bringing some of the best and most interesting talent and stories to the people of Pembrokeshire.
“Span’s commitment to providing creative and sustaining experiences for different people in the community is an essential resource. A restorative and enriching service, the region needs this work to continue and develop.” Simon Whitehead
“I have worked in education in Swansea for all of my working life where accessibility and inclusion are buzz-words which are very rarely implemented. One of the reasons is because creating a safe space is difficult. I’ve never done anything like this before in my life, I came along, I was welcomed, there was no criticism and it was a great example of how teaching could be. I will write a letter to anybody reiterating this.” Lin Hill, Volunteer at Asylum Seekers Project.
The Board of Trustees
Span Arts is a Company Limited by Guarantee and a not-for-profit Registered Charity. The work of Span Arts is overseen by the Trustees, who are:
Catherine Davies (Chair)
Maggie Moss (Treasurer)
We are currently looking for more people to join our board, especially people with skills and experience in the arts, business, marketing or events. If you would like to join the team and feel you could contribute to the running of Span Arts by becoming a trustee, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Advance ticket sales are available until 4pm before an evening event and 12:30pm before a matinee performance.
- Claimants for state pension, incapacity benefit or Job Seekers Allowance
- Full time students
- 16 and under
- Disabled people are entitled to bring their carer free of charge
- Children of 14 and under are eligible for child’s price
- Infants aged 2 and under are entitled to free entry
- Family tickets include any 4 people
- Buy 10 tickets for same event and get 1 free
Span Arts is a non-venue based community arts organisation, delivering a programme of arts and events across Pembrokeshire from our office premises in Narberth. We use a wide variety of venues including village halls, community centres and outdoor settings along with our main venue The Queens Hall in Narberth. We are committed to ensuring that all our venues are fully accessible however, some events are set in small rural venues and outdoor settings where accessibility is sometimes limited.
Span Arts is a proud member of Hynt, a new national access scheme that works with theatres and arts centre in Wales to make sure there is a consistent offer available for visitors with an impairment or specific access requirements and their carers or personal assistants. We offer a free ticket to carers and personal assistants to accompany a Hynt scheme member to any of our events.
For more details visit http://www.hynt.co.uk/en/
As well as being our volunteering and administrative centre, the Span Arts Gallery space is available for hire and suitable for running small events, workshops, talks and meetings.
• Gallery Hire:
- £15 up to 4 hours
- £30 over 4 hours
- Evening bookings – £50 (to cover extra staffing)
- Capacity : 30
- Free access to wifi
- Plus additional £5 for hire of projector
• Hire of office/studio/workshop space:
- £200 p/month
- Dimensions – 6 x 4m
- Space suitable for 3-4 workers
- Premises insurance covered but tenant responsible for insurance of their own contents and activities
• Hot Desk in main office
- Available at £10 per day
- Access to Span Arts facilities
- Bring your own computer
• All room hire includes access to:
- Heat and light
- Parking (but spaces limited)
For more information and bookings please contact the office on 01834 869 323
They have nylon string, steel string, electric, 12 string, fretless, slide, guitar-synth, glissentar guitars and... https://t.co/3vSen10h3e3 days ago • reply • retweet • favourite