Call for young artists/promoters/musicians!
Are you between the ages of 14 – 25?
Do you enjoy music, dance, literature, poetry, theatre etc?
Are you interested in performing, promoting and/or producing live events in your community?
Span Arts is excited to announce details of a brand new scheme for supporting young people to perform, produce and promote arts events experiences in Pembrokeshire!
Span Arts is calling on artists, promoters and people with an interest in performing arts and music aged between 14 – 25 to get in touch and propose new events that they would like to put on in Pembrokeshire during 2017.
Span Arts wish to support young people from West Wales to create, perform and promote new work in the area.
Events may or may not include or be limited to: Singer songwriter or open mic nights in a pub, large scale music gigs at a bigger venue, dance, theatre, literature, spoken word, workshops on parkour, rap, music production etc.
What support will Span Arts provide?
Span Arts will provide:
- Mentor support and artistic direction – Span Arts will provide a support package that is appropriate to the applicant and proposal and will support all aspects of an event from concept to completion
- Marketing support – Span Arts will promote the event as part of the Span Arts programme through our usual marketing channels including our website, social media, press, posters etc
- Ticket sales capability
- A small production budget may be made available to support some projects
- Event management, volunteers, venues, insurance, health and safety and risk assessment guidance
Event proposals should include:
If you think you have what we are looking for, then you can go ahead and submit your proposal. But before you apply, you’re welcome to come and talk to us about your project.
- As part of your application, you will need to send us a short video pitch (no more than 2 mins) to tell us about yourself and your project. We are particularly keen to understand more about what you want to do and why. Please include a url link to your video (e.g. YouTube or Vimeo); this can be set as private, and remember to include the password in your application.
- A 1 page event proposal outlining your concept, any artist names, potential venue, scale of expected audience and budget (inc any ticket costs)
- A single or group biography or CV from the main applicant
- Any evidence of past work, events, activities that you have been involved in that you think will benefit your application.
- Please do not send us any materials in the post – please provide us with web links to access/experience any past work you would like to share with us.
- Please send us all proposals in English however we do encourage applicants to submit both English and Welsh speaking events.
- Under 18 year olds must include evidence of parental support for their application. This could be in the form of a letter or email of support.
- 2 x referees (for example your current employer, teacher or neighbour)
Applicants must be:
- Aged between 14 – 25
- Applicants can apply as individuals or as a group
- Live in Pembrokeshire, Carmarthenshire or Ceredigion
Get in touch:
- Interested artists, promoters can email Kathryn@span-arts.org.uk to find out more and apply
- For more information on the scheme and all other upcoming Span Arts events, please visit http://www.spanarts.org.uk
- Join us on Twitter – @SpanArts facebook.com/spanarts
Deadline: Thursday 19th January 2017
Posted in | 0 Comments
Have your say:
Learn more about our Wonder Women winners and how to get involved in our latest blog! https://t.co/GMYojYvetL" target="_blank">https://t.co/GMYojYvetL https://t.co/GMYojYvetL" target="_blank">https://t.co/GMYojYvetL3 days ago • reply • retweet • favourite