DigiVols – Volunteer with Digidol
Span Digidol is an exciting digital arts project for Pembrokeshire led by Span Arts in partnership with Digital Communities Wales. The project has now started and we are looking for new volunteers to become part of a Digital Champions Network.
This project is fun, inclusive and creative, introducing innovative digital-tech to rural areas and providing exciting opportunities to learn new skills. It’s aim is to help Span Arts reach more people with the transformative power of the arts through digital technology.
We are looking for a team of Digital Champions of all ages to share their skills, support people who struggle with technology and help us develop new ideas.
Whether you are a technical wizard or someone who has a good basic understanding of IT, we will be running a wide range of projects involving volunteering opportunities to suit your skill set.
What sort of volunteer roles are available:
• Zero-Skills Support – we will be running several projects for people with low or no digital skills and need Digital Champions to help those people use digital devices such as iPads, smart phones, laptops and apps such as Skype, YouTube and WhatsApp etc.
• Digital Events Volunteer – we are introducing E-ticketing and QR code scanners to all our events. Many of our existing volunteers need extra support in how to use this technology. We would like Digital Champions to come along to Span Arts events over the next year and support other volunteers with their technological challenges.
• Clwb Digi Volunteer – we are running a monthly digital youth club starting in February 2019. We are looking for volunteers with skills such as app-making, robotics, basic coding using Raspberry Pi or Arduino, digital photography and film-making, digital image manipulation and editing, electronic music-making, drone technologu or any other creative digital skill you can think of!
You will need to be:
- Good with people – needs to have the skills and patience to support others who struggle with digital technology
- Experienced using different digital devices such as smart phones and tablets, preferably Android and Apple, laptops, smart TVs etc.
- Experienced in using the internet for research and communication
- Experienced using a variety of common apps such as Skype, Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, YouTube etc.
- Ability to learn new digital tools quickly
- Motivation to research and learn new digital tools/skills online by yourself if needs be
Other things which might be useful:
- Understanding of and ability to do basic coding/programming
- Experience using Raspberry pi, Arduino and/or Bare Conductive technologies
- Experience with electronics
- Ability to edit websites
- Experience creating, editing and manipulating film/sound/still images
- Experience making digital animations
- Experience with App-making, robotics, video game design, augmented or virtual reality or any other creative digital skill!
Digital Champions will have access to an ongoing programme of training opportunities throughout the project. This will include sessions such as E-ticketing and QR code reader training, filming and editing using iPads and iPhones, training in collecting digital feedback amongst others. There will be new training opportunities on a roughly quarterly basis.
If you would like to find out more please email project manager email@example.com or call 01834869323
Posted in | 0 Comments
Have your say:
The Afrobeat Ambassador Dele Sosimi comes to Narberth for a one off gig that will raise the roof of The Queen's Hal… https://t.co/RoIz2zxzbu2 weeks ago • reply • retweet • favourite