Make a feathery friend with us!
This week is Children’s Art Week! And we thought we would take part in their theme of the ‘Natural World’ by commissioning designer and maker Di Ford to create a tutorial on how to make your very own marionette puppet bird!
Here’s what you’ll need to do to make your bird:
- Download your template sheet here >>>> Bird Puppet Template
- Check out the materials list below and gather what you need.
If you do not have a printer (and you are able/allowed), open the template up on your computer, place an A4 piece of paper on your monitor and trace over the lines then cut out.
- Masking tape/cellotape
- Toilet roll or kitchen roll (cut to the length of toilet roll)
- Coloured paper of your choice
- Coloured card of your choice
- Glue – Pritstick or P.V.A
- String – 6 x lengths, 2 x 25cm, 2 x 33cm, 2 x 35cm ( these are a guide line, you can adjust them accordingly if you feel too long or short)
- Black marker or felt tip pen
- 2 x 2 pence pieces
- Wooden skewer or a long paint brush or even a stick!
- Compass or something to make holes.
Di has made the tutorial so you can make your puppet at your own pace by stopping and starting the video as you need.
We want to see a flock of fabulous birds, so choose any colour you like to make your feathery friend! We would love you to take part in this family friendly activity and we would also love for you to share your creations with us too! Send us a picture of your creations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted in | 0 Comments
Have your say:
DID YOU KNOW? Singing in a group setting decreases the level of stress hormone cortisol, which reduces feelings of… https://t.co/HDQ78Jj8JU2 weeks ago • reply • retweet • favourite