Pop-up Theatre: The Thing That Came From Over There!
Gonzo Moose are back! Critically acclaimed comedy trio make a triumphant return in spoof horror, The Thing That Came From Over There!
Inspired by the Horror movies of the 1950’s, ‘The Thing That Came From Over There’ is a fast-paced, rollicking ride mixing paranoia, suspense and hilariously gruesome deaths.
It’s 1912, and as Scott and Amundsen begin their race across Antarctica to the South Pole, the little known explorer, Captain Reginald Cranston Scot-t-t, has accidentally landed on the wrong side of the continent.
As Cranston and his motley band set up base camp, a meteor crashes nearby. Deciding to investigate, they set out towards the crash site – unaware of the danger that awaits not just them, but the whole of planet Earth.
What ancient evil lurks inside the crater? What is the dark secret of the slimy fungus? And what is the horrifying fate of those who encounter the parasitic space worms?
Join three daring actors as they play over 15 roles in 85 minutes of shocks, spine tingling silliness, and blood curdling terror. With comedy and thrills galore, the show features visual gags, verbal wit, giant puppetry, and even a little bit of live music.
Gonzo Moose have 17 years of experience touring high quality work that is always well received by media and audiences alike!
Who will like it?
• Anyone who enjoys a laugh and a touch of the ridiculous
• Family Audiences
• Fans of historical comedies
• Comedy Audiences
• Horror fans
• Theatre attendees especially comic / devised theatre – Crossover audiences especially comic / devised theatre – Spy Monkey, The Right Size, Hoipolloi, Ridiculusmus, Peepolykus, Pappy’s Fun Club, Penny Dreadfulls, Plested and Brown, Dr Brown, Big State Theatre, Cartoon De Salvo
• Fans of slapstick and physical comedy – Morecambe and Wise, Monty Python and Mel Brooks
• Crossover audiences with stand-up / cabaret
• Students of drama, physical theatre, clowning and dance, A level / GCSE theatre studies.
• School parties
Gonzo Moose will be descending on Llawhadden Village Hall on 17th February
The Production: The Thing That Came From Over There! is the company’s 10th show.
Duration: 85 minutes (with interval)
Age suitability: 8+
Soft and alcoholic refreshments will be available.
Buy your tickets here!
Posted in | 0 Comments
Have your say:
Span Arts are seeking to appoint a Creative Technologist to help deliver SPAN’s Digital Engagement Plan through the… https://t.co/VVnzyRPOha3 weeks ago • reply • retweet • favourite